Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How far from pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

San Jose, CA

How far from pool?

i would like to buy a saltwater system to my pool (intex 18x9x52) i am thinking on the INTEX 2650

My question is, how far can i install it away from my pool? is 10-15' would be ok?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: How far from pool?

If you stay with the Intex plumbing, you will be limited to the 59" hoses they supply. When you decide to hard plumb, you can have our pump, filter, and SWG wherever you want, as long as it is below 1/2 the pool water level. Higher than that, Intex pumps don't like to self prime.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Re: How far from pool?

Salt water in intex pool can really affect the frame... Salt is very corrosive, there are a few posts on here showing the rust.... I have the exact same pool....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction