Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Plaster and Sheer Descents

1. Back To Top    #1

New Plaster and Sheer Descents

I have a brand new pool freshly plastered and filled with water this past Tuesday. The builder's literature says I can't use my sheer descent for 4 weeks. Why?? The guy who came out and turned on all of the equipment yesterday said when I asked him why, "That's a bunch of nonsense.....it's water...water isn't going to hurt your plaster.....you can run them now" Then why would this very reputable builder put it in their literature??? Thanks, Doug

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Plaster and Sheer Descents

If you mean the waterfall, if its hitting the plaster directly as its falling I would say no while its curing. If its just falling into the pool with gap to the wall of the pool -should be fine
    Sydney, AU | IG concrete / glass bead | ~8,000 Gal Kidney Shape | speck 90/230 w/Auto Clear SWG & Davies Sand filter|speck supersport swim jet | Attached Raised Spa | Pool just resurfaced |the pool cleaner | solar heated

3. Back To Top    #3

The descents come out of a raised bond beam.....18" above the water and hit the water directly below not hitting the plaster at all.....having a hard time understanding why the returns are ok.....but the descents are not???

4. Back To Top    #4

Only think I can think of is the returns are shooting water away from the plaster and thus not really disturbing the water next to the plaster, while the water fall is going to cause turbulence and swirling in the water right next to the plaster.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yet, the one return is 1 inch above my underwater bench????.....and that's ok!? Hmmm....maybe I ought to point that upwards

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, yeah, I did not think of a return like that
    I think I would turn it up some.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!