Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbler Trouble

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbler Trouble

Hello. Our pool was completed last summer and the bubblers have not worked properly (well, continuously properly) since day one. Both of them won't bubble evenly at the same time. If I straighten out the crazy one, they both work for about a minute then normally the opposite one goes haywire - sometimes they'll shoot like 10' in the air! Makes me nuts. Have told the PB and he's attempted to fix numerous times and they work until he leaves. Then they go crazy again. I'm adding a shot both of normal and and not-so-much normal. Any advice would be great appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, guess I can't add shots from my phone.
    SunStone Blue Mist plaster; 20,000 gal; 39.5' x 16' (22' at in-pool bar seating), 118' perimeter, 626 sf surface area; 3'6" x 6'6" depth; trichlor auto-dispenser; 2 hp Jandy Stealth Filter Pump; 160 gpm Jandy water feature pump; 460 Sq. Ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter; Jandy RSPS 4 with PDA remote; In Line Chlorinator; A&A Infloor Cleaner; 2 Jandy watercolors LED lights; Ozone Sanitation

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbler Trouble

How To Post Pictures
    You can use Tapatalk to host if you use it.

Add pictures of the plumbing as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

As you can see, even when the bubblers are normal, they aren't very even in bubbler height. The 3rd pic is the only one I have on my ipad as far as equipment. If that doesn't help, I'll take a better one tomorrow when it's daylight.
    SunStone Blue Mist plaster; 20,000 gal; 39.5' x 16' (22' at in-pool bar seating), 118' perimeter, 626 sf surface area; 3'6" x 6'6" depth; trichlor auto-dispenser; 2 hp Jandy Stealth Filter Pump; 160 gpm Jandy water feature pump; 460 Sq. Ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter; Jandy RSPS 4 with PDA remote; In Line Chlorinator; A&A Infloor Cleaner; 2 Jandy watercolors LED lights; Ozone Sanitation

4. Back To Top    #4

Has anyone ever encountered problems with their bubblers like this?

5. Back To Top    #5

Are they plumbed separately? Are there valves to control each independently?

You should certainly be able to turn them down and ideally be able to equalize them.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the in floor cleaner and when it is on the bubblers are low, but they go crazy when the cleaner is off - so that leads me to believe they aren't plumbed separately. When I hit 'pool mode' on the jandy remote, they come on.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well do you know what all your valves are for? Label them and post more pictures.

Of course they are going to get higher if you turn off the floor and force more water through them.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Ugh I don't know - I know I should. I just know the PB hasn't been able to fix it. My hubby and I don't know **** except what we learn from this site. We leave the cleaning/chemicals to the weekly pool dude. I was just hoping this is a common, easy-fix problem that others have dealt with. Doesn't appear to be the case.

9. Back To Top    #9

It is easy, you should just have to adjust the valves. But no way for us to know how it is plumbed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks jblizzle. You'd think my PB would know to do that.

11. Back To Top    #11

Well maybe they did not plumb in valves correctly and thus not able to make the corrections required.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

12. Back To Top    #12

That's what worries me!