SWG Installation in Raleigh, NC

dawgdr

Jun 24, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I live in Raleigh and have an IG pool (about 20K gallons) and have pretty much decided to switch to a SWG. I think I am going to go with a Comp U Pool. I have a couple of questions:

Online there are CPX36 models and CPSC36 models - what is the difference? Also is a 36 big enough? The pool gets full sun 6-10 hours a day.

Can anyone give me a recommendation for an installer in Raleigh? I'm not too worried about the plumbing part, but wiring it into a dual timer box (one for pump, one for cleaner) is not something I really want to do.

The wiring is the easy part since you already have timers. Just make sure the voltage is set the same and hook up the wires in the same place that the main pump is hooked to. But, being electricity, if you are not comfortable, certainly best to hire it out.

For a 20k pool, I think the 36 output is a bit on the small side. Likely better off with the 48, which still has a lower output than the Hayward on my smaller pool.

- - - Updated - - -

The outputs that they list on their website are nearly double what is reported in independent testing ... so something to keep in mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.