Can I use pavers to raise my frame 4"?

PJP

May 8, 2014
Savoy, IL
Ok, so I have ben setting up aan Imtex pool every summer for the last 6-7 seasons. This year, I pulled it out and found holes in the liner, so I ordered a new liner. Problem is, I ordered a 18'x52" liner for my 18'x48" pool (I could have swore I had 52", but my wife is showing me right on the side of the old liner that is says 48". Oops.

So, anyway, I didn't notice this until I had the pool up and was having troubles getting the bottom wrinkle free - and now I see it is because I have 4 inches of wall hanging out at the bottom. I already have 3" water in much of the pool, and so can't really return the liner for the right size. I would rather not buy a new frame, as the one I have is in good shape. So, can I get some 4" thick solid pavers to basically raise the frame? I think that it should be ok, since most people on this forum seem to set on pavers anyway, and the legs are still strapped to pool by band and rope, so shouldn't go anywhere.

I am also going to call Imtex and see if I can just get longer poles - it appears all other parts are the same, but won't know til I see them. But pavers will be cheaper, faster, and easier to install.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Pavers would probably work, but personally I'd feel better finding something 4" tall versus stacking a couple of 2" ones. I'd be afraid it might slip if the legs aren't pushing straight down.

You don't want to hear this, but you could also dig out 4" for the liner to sit down into.

I'm sure Intex will sell you the longer poles, but there's no telling how long it would take to get them.

Have you checked Craigslist to see if anyone has frame without a liner that you might be able to pick up for cheap?

I'd be afraid to use anything, paver wise, to sit the legs on. You'd have to be dead eye level and not have any post leaning at all for it to not collapse.

Ok - thanks, everyone! If I were willing to tear the whole thing down, I think I would dig 4" deeper including space for a ring of pavers, and then do it that way. But I find that I can replace just the t-joints from my 48" frame with 52" equivalent (legs are same height, but tjoint taller), and it's only about $200 - which I probably would have spend close to on any solution. Now, I just hope the ones I ordered are right, because it is difficult to discuss specifics with the customer service staff (call center in China, I believe). They are nice, but it took me literally 30 minutes to ask and have answered "what was my frames manufacture date and will these 2012 or later t-joints match or do I need 2011 or earlier?" For the record, it appears my original was 2011 manufacture date, but they are telling me I need the 2012 or later part. I can't tell from the pictures if it will match, but they tell me this is what I need. Wish me luck!

Good Luck PJP and post pics of your install. We love pics!!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.