Pool Maid SWG

Jul 18, 2011
Oklahoma
Wondering if anyone has heard of a SWG made by "Pool Maid"

S14/120/18VTX self-cleaning 120V 21,000-26,000 gallons

They are made and sold in South Africa and I found a website there that sells them for 5000 Rand (whatever the heck that is)

Anyway I bought one (new) on Ebay for $41.00 and was hoping someone could tell me something about it.

For $41, I would not hold out much hope for it being very effective. The metals required in the cell are likely worth way more than that.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Was looking at the website ... if it does work, that is an incredible deal. According to their website, the output should be around 0.96 lb of chlorine a day which is kind of average for a SWG. If your pool is around 15k gallons or smaller, then it should be adequate.

You are not likely to find anyone here that has bought a South African piece of pool equipment though.

I have been using an Intex SWG for a couple of years and it really hasn't done the job too well. My pool is just over 8000 gallons so it should chlorinate the heck out of it. I thought maybe I would get lucky and find some S. African ex-pat that may have used one. I was thinking that it would go real high on ebay, but i am sure that a lot of people might be scared of electrical issues or pipe sizes that didn't match up with US stuff. i think I got a steal. I will let you know if it turns out that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.