Need recommendation for a vacuum for a 24' ABG please.

May 7, 2014
Georgia
Not sure if I should post this here or in the ABG section to get the most response.

What does everyone with a 24" ABG recommend for a vacuum? I rarely ever get any leaves in my pool but seems to be a lot of dust and sediment. (New sand in the filter)

Thanks

I have a manual vac (ME!) at the moment. If I could chose an auto vac on the cheap end, I'd get Diver Dave only because hubby thinks he's pretty cool and if I were to spend a little more, I'd go with the pool rover jr because I read he goes over wrinkles pretty good without getting hung up. I don't have wrinkles on my floor but it's got humps, bumps and divots and I think it should be able to handle our pool floor. Manually vacc'ing is much better though because you can take your time and make sure you get it all. You just have to get out there to do it. BTW... I have no trees around our pool and just deal with the minor dirt, dust and pollen like you.

I have both the Pool Rover Jr. and a Divin' Dave. Honestly, the Divin' Dave is too much trouble too hook up with all those hose sections, but does a good good if you choose one. Rover is my weapon choice over it, but I honestly use a Pool Blaster Max in most of the summer when you're down to just dirt and sediment. But I WILL whip out the manual vac when there's too much for the Blaster to handle. and oh yeah, they've upgraded those rovers since I bought mine with more powerful motors.

Good to know woody. I'm afrain Diver Dave wouldn't go well on my pool floor. Is your floor relatively smooth?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.