Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pool project

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool project

We started our new backyard project! The Intex 16' metal frame has been decommissioned and our new 21' AGP is now up! I cannot even begin to thank everyone for the wealth of information on this site!

This is the perfect topper for our backyard which already has a zipline and a "park area." We purchased a 21'x54' from ThePoolFactory and their service was awesome! The deck footings for around the pool have been poured and we start that this week. Since I have well, the local Fire Dept filled our pool for a small donation. Here's some pics of the progress so far:

photob.jpg
    photo 1a.jpg
    photo 3a.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    photo.jpg

Now only if the weather could cooperate!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool project

Wow looks great... Keep those pics coming and welcome to TFP...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

Yikes!!! Water is going in and I saw no mention of you already having one of the Recommended Test Kits

Welcome to TFP!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Yes get a good test kit, so you don't have to keep getting useless advice from a pool store.... TF-100 kit...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

5. Back To Top    #5

A zip line, park area and now a pool! Do you have all the neighborhood kids over too? That sounds like a fun backyard!!!

Welcome. Please do keep sharing pics of your deck build. While you're here, read Pool School several times as home work and ask questions. They're all answered in pool school but if you can't find it, ask. And definitely order the TF100 test kit and take control of your pool from the start! You won't regret it! The pool looks fabulous!!! Also... ad your pool specs to your signature.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    A zip line, park area and now a pool! Do you have all the neighborhood kids over too? That sounds like a fun backyard!!!

Welcome. Please do keep sharing pics of your deck build. While you're here, read Pool School several times as home work and ask questions. They're all answered in pool school but if you can't find it, ask. And definitely order the TF100 test kit and take control of your pool from the start! You won't regret it! The pool looks fabulous!!! Also... ad your pool specs to your signature.
    Thanks for all your advise. Will order a test kit tomorrow. And yes, Casey, the neighborhood kids are always here..... But my kids are at that age that I would rather them be here then somewhere I'm not
    13,000 gal 21' x 54'' Signature RTL pool, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp, Hayward S180T Filter, CL110 Chlorinator

7. Back To Top    #7

I hear you! I always had the neighborhood kids at our house too and they had pools! Mine was just cleaner!

8. Back To Top    #8

Finally some progress! Weather has been stinky but I should have this buttoned up this weekend!

The 1st of many girder sections:

All the girder beams are up. Plan is connect it to the lower platform that already existed:

Joists are up:

Framing the steps:

Almost done with the steps:

Posts are up ready for the vinyl sleeves:

Some perspective on the distance from the house:

From the far end:

Kids play area. They wanted the zip line to drop them off into the pool. Sounded like a fun idea but then visions of insurance claims got the best of me:
    13,000 gal 21' x 54'' Signature RTL pool, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp, Hayward S180T Filter, CL110 Chlorinator

9. Back To Top    #9

Those steps are very unique! I like them!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Those steps are very unique! I like them!
    +1. Casey beat me to it. I like them.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

11. Back To Top    #11

More Progress!!

Railing is up and the skirting is moving along.

Skirting around the stairs and closed the gap between the old platform and new deck.

Gate in place.

Angled railing so the deck does not interfere with the zip line.

View from above:

A few finishing touches to go but we are 80% there! Speakers and post lights being delivered Friday! Now only if the weather would get above 75 degrees! lol

12. Back To Top    #12

Awesome deck work!!!
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

13. Back To Top    #13

WOW! When you do something you do it RIGHT!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Very very nice deck!

Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks for the comments! The kids have been dying to go swimming and have even braved the 74 degree water temperature! I think the chilly weather will finally move out this weekend. Weather has been fantastic for building, just stinky for swimming

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by acomire View Post
    Thanks for the comments! The kids have been dying to go swimming and have even braved the 74 degree water temperature! I think the chilly weather will finally move out this weekend. Weather has been fantastic for building, just stinky for swimming
    My water temp was around 76 at 2 feet deep when I was installing our skimmer last night. Close to 78 on the surface. I feel your pain! I prefer temps to be low to mid 80's.

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

I love love love white railings on a wood deck... Its such a classic look...

18. Back To Top    #18

The deck looks fabulous!

My pool is hovering at 72 degrees! It's pretty breath taking when you first get in and after that, it's really nice, as long as the sun is out!

19. Back To Top    #19

Wrapping this project up and thought I would share the final product!

All cleaned up and stained. Missing one post cap. Doah!

Posts lights and speakers in place.

Furniture being delivered this week and I'm ready to relax after this build!

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

WOW I love your deck... The stain colour is perfect... And the kids look like they're lovin' it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast