Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crystal Crete Refinish, how often?

1. Back To Top    #1

Crystal Crete Refinish, how often?

The owner of the resort wants to know if we need to refinish the surface of the pool. I haven't the faintest idea, so I told her I'd ask here.

My question is how do you know when it's necessary? Ours looks okay, and still holds water. Some of the grains of sand in the finish come out here and there, but I don't think it's a big problem especially now since we've changed the water and have the chemistry under control.

Thanks!
    46,000 gallon in ground concrete/crystal crete, filter is Pentair Pack Fab 60 DE, freshwater.
    2hp pump. Flow Rate ? 4 return jets, two of which are closed due to a leak in the plumbing
    Water is replaced/replentished using RO water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crystal Crete Refinish, how often?

In general it is mostly aesthetics until you get major cracks and chunks falling off. It could be in very rough shape and it still be a functional pool, but not likely desired in your case for a resort.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Crystal Crete Refinish, how often?

Thanks for the response, that's good to know.
    46,000 gallon in ground concrete/crystal crete, filter is Pentair Pack Fab 60 DE, freshwater.
    2hp pump. Flow Rate ? 4 return jets, two of which are closed due to a leak in the plumbing
    Water is replaced/replentished using RO water