Hi guys. I just ran my first test of the year and here are the results:

FC 0
CC 0
Ph 7.2
CH 100
TA 90
CYA <20
Salt 2600

I know I need to add CYA to about 70-80 for my salt pool, add salt to get to around 3,000 or so, get some chlorine (added bleach this morning after the test), and get the PH up to about 7.5 or 7.6.

What do you think about the TA of 90? The documentation with my SWG recommends 60-80 TA. How can I go about lowering this a little?

What order should I add the ingredients above? Borax and CYA first, then bleach, then salt last?

Thanks!!!

Just to be sure, the water is circulating? Because it can sort of layer if you got a lot of rain over the winter.

How does it look? No algae? No cloudiness? You can see the bottom okay?

If it is circulating, then get some bleach in there and add some CYA to get it to about 70. And if everything settles down nice, add salt and fire off the SWG!

Just to be sure, the water is circulating? Because it can sort of layer if you got a lot of rain over the winter.

How does it look? No algae? No cloudiness? You can see the bottom okay?

If it is circulating, then get some bleach in there and add some CYA to get it to about 70. And if everything settles down nice, add salt and fire off the SWG!

The water is very clear after I added the bleach last night. FC is at 3 now. I'll get the CYA going. It's gonna take a lot to get it to 70!

I will hold off on the Borax and keep monitoring pH.

thanks, you guys are awesome!

Well, my pump has quit running. It had frozen up a few days ago and i was able to get it running (barely) for the last few days. The LPS says the bearings are shot. I found a replacement (same model) on Amazon for fairly cheap ($350) and have ordered it. I expect it will be early next week before it arrives and I can get it installed.

My question is this - how can I keep my clear water from becoming a green swamp before my new pump is installed? Is it safe to add a little bleach to it to keep some chlorine in the water, or should I not bother since there isn't any way to circulate it?

Thanks!

Keep some bleach in there. You'll have to mix it manually. Take some Motrin beforehand and get to work with the brush. One lap around the pool ought to stir things up enough to keep it mixed. A few jugs now will save dozens later. I wouldn't bother with the CYA until you have good flow again.

Bummer, you missed the perfect opportunity to upgrade your pump situation by getting a smaller 2-speed motor and ultimately saving money on electricity for the life of the motor.

You should still slowly pour bleach into the pool and then brush the pool down to mix it in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.