TX: New user/pool owner here!

Mindflux

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
Hello Folks,
I was directed to join your fine forum from some users on Reddit. I recently bought a house with a "saltwater" pool that I'll be wanting to maintain myself. I'm hoping to learn how to clean and care for my pool with little trouble.

You've come to the best pool forum on the net! Welcome to TFP!

Read Pool School and order a a reliable test kit like the TF100. It's the best one you can use to take charge of your pool and enjoy crystal clear water. We're here to help you but you have to do your home work by reading pool school several times until it's crystal clear.

Add your pool specs to your signature in settings below the Pool School logo at the top right of every page... let us know what kind of pool and equipment you have. :goodjob:

You've come to the best pool forum on the net! Welcome to TFP!

Read Pool School and order a a reliable test kit like the TF100. It's the best one you can use to take charge of your pool and enjoy crystal clear water. We're here to help you but you have to do your home work by reading pool school several times until it's crystal clear.

Add your pool specs to your signature in settings below the Pool School logo at the top right of every page... let us know what kind of pool and equipment you have. :goodjob:

Thanks! I don't know much about the system yet. It's got a bunch of Jandy valves and a Jandy PDA-PS4 to run most the stuff. Once I get a list of components I'll add them.

I did find a few specs in my pool inspection report, is that what you were looking for?

You can also post pics to get help on identification if you're not sure! We have so many knowledgeable people here. :cool:

Sig looks good. Thanks for adding your specs!

This fine forum has also provided a calculator to help us determine what and how much to put in the pool. Here is a link to it. dont worry too much now until you have read pool school and got your recommended test kit.

The calculator will help calculate the volume. Look at the bottom, fill in the length width and average depth and click the calculate button.
the name of the calculator is Pool Math. Its on one of the tabs at the top of the forum page.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Welcome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support