Which suction side cleaner is best for 16 x 32 above ground with deep end?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Kreepy Krauly?

Baracuda Ranger?

aqua ez vac?

ive never had one before, and am interested in one. our local pool place has the ranger for 169.00 and aqua ez vac for 179.00, or should I pony up nearly dbl and get a creepy krauly off the net?

thanks!

If I were looking for a suction cleaner, it would the The Pool Cleaner. Second choice would be the MX-8, but more recent reviews do not seem as good so that is falling behind.

looking at these things, im still trying to grasp how in the world they work. i get that the suction from the pump powers it, making it move and sucking up debris, but what guides it? what keeps it from just going back and forth over the same area? what guides it around the pool to ensure it gets the whole thing?

these things look awesome if they work! im tired of vacumming.... :(

Nothing guides them, they are suppose to move around randomly. Now do they hit 100% of the surface, doubtful. You may find they always miss one area or another. Easiest to just brush those areas to a place where the cleaner does go ... or vacuum.

so, jblizzle, do these things actually work good? looking through the threads here, everyone seems to be getting the 1000 dollar robots and not these. I dont hardly get any leaves, mainly just some dirt in the bottom. i currently vac once a week for this dirt, but once we start really using pool in a week or so, I will have to vac more often.

if I toss one of these cheaper suction vacs in, will it get at least 85% or so of the dirt on the pool floor?

thanks jblizzle, I dont think I can justify a grand for one, even with the new pool we are about to start on. I mainly just get a little dirt in the pool, and dont mind vacuuming most of the time. A cheap one that will get up most of the dirt when I dont feel like vacuuming would be nice. If I end up trying one, Ill be sure to check the stores return policy first.... :p

I want a pool rover jr. He's got a cord that plugs into the outlet and you just drop him in the pool. That's about all I know about him and he goes over wrinkles so I'm thinking he could handle my moon based pool bottom! :mrgreen:

I just recently purchased a Limited Edition "The Pool Cleaner" about two weeks ago and it gets to nearly every surface in my pool and doesn't seem to ever get stuck. It climbs the walls and covers every inch of the floor over time, the only area it has trouble with are the steps and very high up on walls (My pool profile runs from 3.5' to a 9' deep end for diving, it doesn't seem to get more than 6-7' up the walls)

It does a fantastic job of keeping the pool clean but it does take time to do so. I'm in the process of installing sprinklers and tilling up my back yard so I have a near constant supply of dirt and dust making its way into the pool. Other than the initial clean (I chose to skip manually vacuuming and just let it do its thing) which took ~12 hours, it has kept the pool spotless since... Many of the reviews I have read (which led me to go with The Pool Cleaner) are from people that have had them for 5+ years and the only maintenance seems to be new tires...

I picked mine up from Amazon in "Used Like New" (Which turned out to be brand new) condition for $250 so if you keep an eye out you might be able to score the same...

Hopefully this helps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.