Speedstir Necessary?

Apr 3, 2014
Columbus, WI
I've been using the Taylor K2106 test kit. After a month of testing, you can just look at the sample and have a good idea of how much bromine is in the water. I will add 6 or 7 drops of the reagent without stirring, and then just swirl by hand to "read" the sample. So my question is, do I or should I be continually swirling the sample when I'm adding drops, or is swirling after adding a bunch result in the same results? I do the same with the TA test. I can tell that I'll be right around 60ppm, so I just add 4 drops first and then swirl.

It is absolutely not necessary....until you get one and wonder why you didn't have it from the beginning.

I got one a few months before we ever sold them (we really do make an attempt to try the stuff we sell) I was quite skeptical....just my nature.

After about the first two tests, I was hooked!:D

After all that, it is still not necessary but it is a pretty neat little device.

I got one when I ordered my test kit. I would compare it to my car lock/unlock remote. Sure using the key doesn't take much longer to unlock, but once you start using a remote you find using the key again to be annoying. Plus with the speedstir, I know everything is getting thoroughly mixed. I'm probably a bit biased right now though. Had to SLAM my pool (foreclosed, unused for 3 year) and the speedstir is extremely handy for the FC test when you're using 40-50 drops at a time.

I love the speed stir and use it every time I test the water. :D

I don't have a speed stir ... but you can bet your bottom dollar that if my pool ever turns green and I have to slam ... I'll be buying one with my order of extra reagents!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The amount of time spent driving to the pool store let alone gas in your vehicle that you will not have to do as soon as you have control of your pool by testing your own water pays for the speedster in less then a season of TFP ownership....well worth the $30 bucks for sure.... But not needed.....

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

I don't know what everyone else thinks but I think it makes the testing much faster. No need to stop and swirl between each drop. Since no answered Madison Mikes question about adding all the drops and swirling after all were added I will wait to see that question answered before admitting my stupidity for swirling after each drop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.