The motor on my pump isnt working

Hey y'all. I'm new to the site since yesterday and this is my first post. Yesterday after work I discovered that my pool motor isnt working. There is power going into it because if I click the main switch on the timer box I can hear it. The pool cleaner timer works fine and runs (only if the pump timer is also clicked to the on position). If I turn the cleaner to the off position and just put the pump in the on position I get nothing. I checked the breaker box and that was fine, I took the filter basket out and that's clean (but the water was very hot). I know how to take the impeller out since I've done that before and I can try and do that again if necessary. I've read on some threads to just hit it with a hammer. I'm not sure how comfortable with that because I dont know what kind of hammer or where and how hard to hit it. Please give advice on how to fix this. I just got the pool to sparkling blue and I really dont want that work to have been wasted. I am on my own without "man power" to help me or the money to pay someone to come and do it. I have to give it my best "girl power" possible. I appreciate you all in advance. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.