Returns and skimmer plates

Apr 8, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just took the cover off the pool at the new house we just bought, to do some testing and get equipment set up. I noticed that the return didn't have an eyeball attachment nor was one laying around in the garage where they left some supplies. When I buy a new one, how hard/easy is it to install? Also, the skimmer plate that covers the opening in the pool during the winter is still on, of course, and I have no idea how to remove it and/or put the Weir door in. The cover looks and feels like a rubber or silicone piece. Any guidance would be fantastic!

You can pop the skimmer lid off... it's probably an Aquador. My brother uses one and it's like a tuperware lid that just snaps on from the inside. And you can also buy new eyeballs from the pool store if you can't find yours. They probably have a plug or something in it. Can you see into the pool from the outside return? If not, they plugged it with a stopper to keep the pool from draining over the winter. I don't know why my dad and brother mess with it because they lose water every year to it. lol

Yes, it was an Aquador. We had to drain some of the pool due to high CYA, so the skimmer and return were easily accessible. I just popped off the Aquador. The return did not have the eye...it was just plugged. I ordered an eyeball online...should be there when I get home. :) Thanks for responding!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.