Question on how to replace Jandy Energy Filter

Jun 3, 2012
Folsom, CA
Hi!

I have been managing my pool, thanks to reading this amazing forum. Energy filter top is cracked (almost 10 years old) and is leaking water. Filter is also extra dirty, so I am thinking of replacing the whole setup with this (Amazon). It is almost the same price for the whole package versus buying items separately.

I am not a very handy person (hardly surprising coming from India, where labor is dirt cheap), but I can probably do it if I can see the videos. Problem is my google search has not yielded any videos. Can anyone guide me on how to replace this Energy filter, and if you have a link to video, that will be great. Also, should I even be trying to do it on my own, or I need help from pool service guys? If yes, how much is the reasonable cost for it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replacing the body requires some PVC plumbing. The joints are slip joints, which get glued together. To replace you would need to cut the old one out, add a short section of new pipe to the new one and then fit it in with a slip coupling between the new pipe and old pipe. That process is fairly easy if you have some play in the pipes, but can get complicated if the location is tight and the pipes can't be wiggled around much. Videos on general PVC plumbing should cover everything you will need to know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.