Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New here and just bought the Hayward W530

1. Back To Top    #1
    Temecula, CA

New here and just bought the Hayward W530

Just moved into a house that has a pool....I've never really maintained one before but the help on this site is wonderful! Thank to recommendations...I purchased the Hayward W530 Leaf catcher for my vacuum. What a wonderful piece of equipment (so far). Usually, when I'd shut off my pump, a bunch of debris would backflow out of the vacuum port on the side of the pool. I now use this handy little device and it catches all that crud before it goes in there! Next...I plan on opening up the cartridge filter housing and cleaning that out as I'm sure there are some lovely surprises in there. Just wanted to share!
    Last edited by jblizzle; 05-09-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Removed link in violation of forum rules
    IG Plaster with raised spill-over Spa, ~26,000 gallons, Built 2001
    Cartridge filter
    Solar heated

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New here and just bought the Hayward W530

Glad it is working for you. It is always a good idea to use a leaf canister when vacuuming or using a suction cleaner.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!