Weatherproof cabinet for stereo receiver

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
Rather than running wires from inside the house to the pool area, I want to keep a stereo receiver outside 24/7 (will bring it in over the winter). I plan to locate the cabinet under a pergola. So, it will get rained on. I've found a couple of references to using a Rubbermaid/Suncast plastic resin cabinet, but I have my doubts about how well they would protect the receiver, and I'm not crazy about their appearance.

Before I buy a bunch of lumber and build one (which will be quite a project since my carpentry skills are not the greatest :() I wanted to find out if anyone on the forum has or knows of a cabinet that would meet my needs.

Thanks.

What size power supply did you go with to power it up? Is the volumn sufficient enough? I like the idea> Thanks for sharing
We went with a 12 volt spa head unit (with bluetooth).

Here it is in the cabinet. We keep the cabinet covered with a weatherproof small grill cover.

Close up...

And it powers four of these..

Here is one buried in the flower pot...

[/QUOTE]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.