Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weatherproof cabinet for stereo receiver

1. Back To Top    #1

Weatherproof cabinet for stereo receiver

Rather than running wires from inside the house to the pool area, I want to keep a stereo receiver outside 24/7 (will bring it in over the winter). I plan to locate the cabinet under a pergola. So, it will get rained on. I've found a couple of references to using a Rubbermaid/Suncast plastic resin cabinet, but I have my doubts about how well they would protect the receiver, and I'm not crazy about their appearance.

Before I buy a bunch of lumber and build one (which will be quite a project since my carpentry skills are not the greatest ) I wanted to find out if anyone on the forum has or knows of a cabinet that would meet my needs.

Thanks.
    Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Weatherproof cabinet for stereo receiver

I just got a cheap-ish nightstand/hutch/wine holder thing and had the upholstery guy make a waterproof cover for it. Works like a champ and keeps the sun/dirt off of it too when not in use.

In New Mexico 20'x36'/3.5' to 8.5'/32,000 gallon/IG gunite/plaster
    Pentair WFE-4 pump/Pentair CC420 cartridge filter/Raypak 266A heater
    2 Pentair Intellibrite LED's/6 Aqua arches
    Coverpools cover with hidden lid
    1,500 sq ft stamped concrete deck
    Polaris robot
    TF100

3. Back To Top    #3

Cool idea, savagesix.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

We went with a 12 volt spa head unit (with bluetooth).

Here it is in the cabinet. We keep the cabinet covered with a weatherproof small grill cover.

Close up...

And it powers four of these..

Here is one buried in the flower pot...

18x36 IG Vinyl. ~29k Gallons.
    Pentair CCP420 Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Inteli-flow VS Pump
    Hayward Goldline SWG
    Tigershark QC Robot

5. Back To Top    #5

What size power supply did you go with to power it up? Is the volumn sufficient enough? I like the idea> Thanks for sharing
    We went with a 12 volt spa head unit (with bluetooth).

Here it is in the cabinet. We keep the cabinet covered with a weatherproof small grill cover.

Close up...

And it powers four of these..

Here is one buried in the flower pot...

[/QUOTE]
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

6. Back To Top    #6

I love my big jawbone with the waterproof case. I can play off my phone or anything Bluetooth.
    16000 gallon sport pool
    Swg hayward gold line pro
    Pentair heater and pump