I had a 12 year old Warrior DE filter with the older filter element that used the tall rectangular filter grids. (GREAT filter - I always had a crystal clear pool.)
I now have a brand new Pentair Easyclean ECDE90 (same size and shape as the old warrior), but this one uses the newer circular filter element.
My Problem: When I first turn on the pump, huge amounts of DE are being returned back into the pool, and it is then cloudy for hours. I'm talking about 12 seconds of bright white DE water being pumped into the pool.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I've already ruled out:
- Any holes in the filter element. I've very closely inspected the entire filter, and it appears to be 100% in tact. (everything is brand new)
- Air in the system. I've been following the exact same process as I always have for the system, opening the air bleed valve, priming, etc. (for when I usually clean the element)
- Cracks or breaks in the plastic filter housing. This filter slides over a black plastic housing and this too appears to be 100% in tact.
- Mesh cover is in place. The small mesh cover that sits over the tube at the very top of the filter is in place and installed properly.
- Filter seated over the plastic frame. Since the filter slides over the plastic frame, you need to make sure it is seated properly. I've ensured that it is firmly in place.
Here are some pictures of the pool, and filter: