Crestwood Pools?

gdub

May 7, 2014
NY
Hi all, new here so please be gentle, lol.. The wood walls are very appealing to me, and from their site, the pool seems to be of good quality. The walk in stairs are a definite interest as well. I did see a thread mentioning these pools, but that was way back in '08, and there wasn't really any one that posted that had experience with them. This forum is huge, so I figured at least someone on here either has experience, or knows of them? Thanks a bunch!!

I'd love a wood pool....There's something really nice about them.... I'll be honest and I haven't seen a recent one installed on here, but I've only been here for a few months.... Have you tried to google reviews on the pool you want?

Thank you for the reply. I think they are beautiful, personally. I did do some research on them, and from what I could find, they seem to get very good reviews. That's all well and good, but I would like to hear from people that I can interact with instead of just reading opinions. Specifically, any issues or dislikes. I realize no pool is perfect, but I just want to be informed as well as I can be.

There was a wood walled in ground pool featured here in Under Construction either last summer or the summer before. It may have been in Texas... I can't remember but it was a kidney shaped pool if I remember correctly. Not sure about above ground pools though.

I am installing a Crestwood pool in the next few weeks. I'll post pics during/after.

I did research last year and went and saw one in person

Hre is a post I made about it last summer...http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/61434-AZ-mountains-want-to-buy-an-AGP

Just for laughs and giggles I checked Craigslist for a Crestwood pool and actually found somebody willing to let me have their 12 year old 15' x 30' oval (with pump, filter, vacuum, etc.) for free if I came and dismantled it myself. It was an hour and a half away, but well worth it. It took three of us about and hour to take it apart. Although it was 12 years old, the wood was in excellent condition.

The reason it was given to me was that the homeowners just bought the house and really wanted an inground pool. Their loss is my gain.

I called a local pool company that sells the Crestwood and they told me I could could the pool back together at my house any way I see fit...meaning, I could convert the oval pool to round and adjust the size as I see fit. They make custom Crestwood liners for the same price as the predetermined pool sizes they sell. She would sell me new coping and aircraft cable for less than $500. The liner is a few hundred more. I am going to make it either 12 or 15 feet round (although I could make it up to 24' round with the wood I got.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.