New to pools and SWG and need advice please

May 7, 2014
Georgia
I have a 24' round above ground pool that I just converted to salt water. Been running about a week now. I did a check with the test strips and the results were :

Total Hardness: Very Low (Less than 100 PPM)
Total Chlorine: OK (3 PPM)
Free Chlorine /Bromine: OK (2 PPM)
pH: Low (about 6.8)
Total Alkalinity: Very Low (40 PPM)
Stabilizer: Very Low (0 PPM)

My questions are:

Do I use the same chemicals at he same rates (always guessing with chlorine) with a SWG as I did with Chlorine, or is there different chemicals required for salt water pools?

Any suggestions on what and how much to add without affecting the numbers that are in line?

Thanks

Welcome To TFP! You'll Get a lot of good advice here from some very knowledgeable folks! First, read/study Pool School, then, you might consider getting a good testkit; they recommend the tf-100 here: tftestkits.net that will give you much more accurate numbers than the test strips can. The only good thing about test strips compared to getting your water tested at a pool store is the test strips wont try to sell you chemicals you don't need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.