hayward swimpure shutting off after 30 minutes or so

tcf25

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks for the great site...as my post count may suggest I do not post often because I have been able to find most of my answers search through the wealth of info in the forums. Anyway...to my question...I just fired up my Hayward swimpure with t-15 cell it is coming on and running for about 30 minutes or so and then turning off and not coming back on. I have it turned to 100% output and even tried on super chlorinate and it continues to turn off and not come back on. I replaced the current limiter last year (acting different now...when current limiter failed it would come on for 30 seconds or so and I could watch the cell current display numbers climb, they are holding steady at 4.63ish now) Water temp is cold (57) but I am not getting the "cold" display that appears below 50.
every time I manually turn it off and back on it will run for another 30 minutes or so. Could the current limiter be going bad again (it gets extremely hot) of could something else be going on. Flow sensor appears to be working properly and cell was cleaned before putting it away last year.
Any ideas?

salt level is 3200
ph 7.6
FC-4 currently maintained with bleach
CC-4
Alkalinity 70
CH 290
CYA- 10 (I know it is low and I will raise after initial crud is out of pool, I will clean de filter and then raise stabilizer...this should not impact the operation of the swimpure only make the pool inefficient at keeping up with chlorine demand)

Follow up...found service manual online that indicated that below 60 degrees the cell output will automatically reduce by 20 percent...so it was clicking off I was just not catching it...fired heater up and warmed pool to 70 and working fine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.