Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward swimpure shutting off after 30 minutes or so

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward swimpure shutting off after 30 minutes or so

Thanks for the great site...as my post count may suggest I do not post often because I have been able to find most of my answers search through the wealth of info in the forums. Anyway...to my question...I just fired up my Hayward swimpure with t-15 cell it is coming on and running for about 30 minutes or so and then turning off and not coming back on. I have it turned to 100% output and even tried on super chlorinate and it continues to turn off and not come back on. I replaced the current limiter last year (acting different now...when current limiter failed it would come on for 30 seconds or so and I could watch the cell current display numbers climb, they are holding steady at 4.63ish now) Water temp is cold (57) but I am not getting the "cold" display that appears below 50.
    every time I manually turn it off and back on it will run for another 30 minutes or so. Could the current limiter be going bad again (it gets extremely hot) of could something else be going on. Flow sensor appears to be working properly and cell was cleaned before putting it away last year.
    Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hayward swimpure shutting off after 30 minutes or so

Ya' got enough salt in there per it's requirements?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

salt level is 3200
    ph 7.6
    FC-4 currently maintained with bleach
    CC-4
    Alkalinity 70
    CH 290
    CYA- 10 (I know it is low and I will raise after initial crud is out of pool, I will clean de filter and then raise stabilizer...this should not impact the operation of the swimpure only make the pool inefficient at keeping up with chlorine demand)

4. Back To Top    #4

When I installed my swg a month or so ago, it too showed cold water and shut off even though the water temp was actually 56 as indicated on the control box. It stopped doing that after the temp got up to 60.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

mine is not displaying cold...it operates as normal for about 30 minutes and then turns off...I will replace the current limiter again, maybe it is getting ready to go bad.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry, I misread that! Good luck, hope you get it working!
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Follow up...found service manual online that indicated that below 60 degrees the cell output will automatically reduce by 20 percent...so it was clicking off I was just not catching it...fired heater up and warmed pool to 70 and working fine