Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Central Kansas

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Kansas

Hello from Central Kansas

First I would like to thank all the members of this site for the plethora of excellent information!!

I discovered this site when I ran into a mustard algae problem. I can say that after about 3 days of reading I now feel more comfortable taming the wild beast in my backyard. I discovered the algae growth before it got out of hand and with the help of all of you (and a lot of scrubbing ) I'm about 99% recovered !!

I have followed the advice in these forums and kept my FC at 15 for over 24hrs and during that time I have scrubbed and vacuumed at least 10 times. I am still getting tiny blotches here and there and my floater gets a faint ring around it.

I would post some numbers for you guys but I have yet to receive my test kit (Ordered yesterday). I bought an HTH drop test kit from walmart which I hope was close just to get some numbers I could work with, and I took a sample to Bioguard and got the CYA, TA, CH, and metals checked. The FC and PH test on the HTH kit were pretty close to the results from BG so I stuck with it, and I got a TF100 coming soon!!!

Again thank you all!!
    AG 16' x 3.6' Easy Set ~3900G
    Intex 637R Filter Pump 1/9HP 1000GPH Cartridge
    BBB, TF100, 1st year Amateur

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Hello from Central Kansas

Hi cadaver,

Congratulations on getting a handle on the mustard algae and ordering your TF Test kit!

Please enter all your pool and equipment info in your signature by going to the User Control Panel (top left under TFP logo) and click on profile.

You are off to a great start! Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!