Help me with speakers and landscaping

cnshough

In The Industry
Jul 3, 2013
My backyard
http://imgur.com/a/tW1cg
I have 2 pairs of insignia outdoor speakers. I hooked one speaker up and hung it in the tree to the right of the patio this weekend while the kids were swimming. With the receiver on 60/100, the volume was ok. Where would be the best place to hang the speakers permanently? I had thought I'd put a pair on the eve to the far left for the firepit, and the other pair somewhere on the deck. Maybe it would be better to put one speaker by the firepit, one on the patio side, and a pair by the deck. Thoughts?

Also, I'd like some ideas for landscaping. I have no level areas in the backyard, except the firepit area which I leveled myself. I'm on a hill that slopes toward the house. There is no lighting back there, other than the flood light at the door. No pool light. It was covered up by the original owner, I'm guessing because of an electrical issue. I thought a fountain would look nice in the area behind the BBQ grill. But what could I plant there? The back of the yard and half the pool is shaded from about 2pm on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.