Frustrated Jandy owner

This is my first time using TFP. My neighbor (whom is also a Jandy owner) has used this forum many times and recommended I try it. I have a 3 year old Jandy AquaPure salt system. It had been working fine until recently when it started to read the pool salinity lower, much lower, than what the pool water was testing at the pool stores. It seems to have decreased in increments of 1,000ppm, i.e., 3,200 to 2,200 to 1,200ppm. I've read the life expectancy is 3 - 5 years. The pool stores tested the water at 3,300ppm and 3,200ppm. I tried to adjust the AquaLink salinity to 3,200ppm in the service mode, but when I returned to auto mode it went right back to reading 1,200ppm. The flow sensor is spotless and I just backwashed the filter. I suspect the salt cell is going bad. I read what I am experiencing may happen when the salt cell starts to go bad. I get error messages on my PDA that say "check aquapure" and "low salt" and on the AquaLink box there is a error code "jb"when is boost mode and the cell on light is not on, probably due to the low salinity reading, and the service light is on, again, possibly due to the low salinity reading. I am certainly entertaining the idea of buying a new salt cell but wonder if it's not the flow sensor even though I have no error codes for that. The salt cell electrodes are spotless as are the power pins. All the wiring for the chlorine generator and flow sensor are intact. My gut tells me to go ahead and buy both a new salt cell and flow sensor but I want to be certain that's what is needed first. The pool is 17,000 gal. with a pebble tech finish and I also have an ozonator. The water temperature is 88 degrees. I have gone through all the "possible causes" for the "service light on" algorhythm. Some days I wish I just had my old tablet chlorinator...all I ever did was clean that once a year and change an o ring on it every once in awhile. I need some insight into this problem if any one can help.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You are right, one sign of a cell failing is reading a lower salt level than reality. Most pool stores have the ability to test if the cell is bad or not. I would start there.

BTW, ozone generally has no advantage in a private outdoor pool, in fact it will raise your chlorine consumption.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.