My daughter just moved into a new home with a 34,000 gallon pool here in Florida. It's marcite. The prior owner chlorinated with tablets and shocked with liquid chlorine ("when I got algae"). It looked great when we moved in, but a few days later, some algae began to appear. We tested and had some CC so we shocked (almost a week ago) with around 12 gallons of 10% chlorine. It cleared the algae and the pool looks great now. I was trying to make sure we hit "breakpoint" and I'm pretty sure we succeeded.
Here are our current readings:
Cyan 100 (way too high for me - apparently due to prior owner's tablets)
FC - still very high at 25 plus (can't tell for sure using my Taylor test kit even when I dilute and multiply by 5)
My question is how low does the FC have to get to be safe to swim in? Per the chart here on the website, our target FC with 100 Cyan is 12. The sun has been beating on it since Saturday and it's still very high. Not sure how long to wait - or if we should drain some to get the stabilizer down and the chlorine too.