I live in Louisiana and have a 30ft round above ground pool with either 52" or 54" walls. I usually keep the water clear during the winter because it makes spring start up so much easier. This winter I let it go green and have had a terrible time cleaning it since I couldn't see the bottom. I normally use regular shock at start up when my CYA is low and then switch to bleach. This year I used Super Shock It 73% Cal-Hypo. I used it once a few years ago with no problems. I used it a couple of weeks ago and my pool went from nasty green to a blue milky white. I've added bleach here and there with no change. I tested my water two days in a row using my Taylor K-2006 kit and got the same results both times. My results are as follows:
CYA 0? (I filled the tube to the top and could still see the dot)
Why would my calcium be so low since I used Cal-Hypo? And why would my CYA be 0 since it had other chemicals in it?
My pH and TA have always been within the normal range so I've never adjusted either in the past.
Is my CH test wrong since it is still milky white or did I bleach my liner?