leaky valve

Apr 28, 2010
Central NJ
I have a valve that is leaking and would like your opinion on which valve should I replace it with and should I do it myself (I have never dabbled in PVC). Below is a picture, the one that is leaking is the one on the left, but I plan on replacing both. Any help on how to replace is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 36
it seems to leaking from where you turn it. I actually found a position where it's not leaking, so now I'm able to vacuum the pool. but I'm afraid that when I open it again, it's going to start leaking. How do I open? Can you point me to a parts diagram?

Oh sorry, now I understand...those are the combination ball valve/unions? (I only saw the nut and not the valve stem before, so I couldn't see what you were talking about.)

Looks like it. Replacing with something similar to Hayward Valve

Check around on price and from different manufacturers and Amazon. Jandy makes some good ones too from what I've read on TFP.

As far as I know, positive seal means it doesn't seep past the valve when in the closed position. Most that don't specify this do seep a bit, especially the hardware store variety. When I shut my valves for filter cleaning, there is a small but steady flow of water through each valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.