Older Catalina Spa pumps

Oct 10, 2011
I have a Catalina XL 13000 model spa and I don't think that all is well with my pumps. This tub has two pumps. One two speed that is through the heater and another that is single speed that is not connected to the heater. When the spa turns the single speed pump on I can see it has flow to some jets but it operates for a short time and turns off. This pump seems to run very hot as well. I did replace the bearings in both pumps as well as the seals and impellers over the winter. I do recall that one of the pumps had some corrosion on the winding. Both seemed to be turning freely after the rebuild. The pump is not kicking the breaker but rather seems to be throwing the thermal overload and shutting down that way. I don't know what the cause of the pump turning on is as it just seems to do that on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.