Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Temperature (How do you get it with your pool)?

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Temperature (How do you get it with your pool)?

I have a heater that I run when its too cold to swim... I can see what the current temp is on it... but other than that all I have is a floating thermometer and it seems to be wrong more often than not... I am thinking it gets surface temps due to the depth of the thing... Is there another thing I can add to the plumbing that will give me a reading without me having to turn on my heater to check it? Or should I just leave my heater on (but in standby) while I am tracking the temps...

just not sure is all, looking to see what is common out there.

thanks
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Temperature (How do you get it with your pool)?

You want one of theses. uploadfromtaptalk1399393543281.jpg

Google Pentair pool thermometer.

You will need to plumb in a PVC T, with a threaded fitting, for it to go into. I have two, so I can see the lift from my solar.

Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks man... this is more or less what I had in my head but I couldn't fine anything like this.
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just made my order... will let you know how it works out..
    http://www.sunplay.com/Pentair-Inlin...DW-p/sl1dw.htm

thanks agn

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a digital display on my Aqua Solar controller that shows temperature in the pump room, and also keep a small aquarium style digital thermometer around for spot checks (also use it on the hot tub). The aquarium thermometer is handy as it has a 8 or so ft long sensor lead, so just toss it into the water and read the temperature while standing up. I think I paid about $10 for it off amazon
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

is that Aqua Solar controller, for solar heating I would guess? I may get into that next year... my pool water seems to stay cool year round... but then we like it warm.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes it is

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice... thanks...

9. Back To Top    #9

This thread is perfect, I was just debating on what crappy thermometer to buy for the season.

Change of plans, this is much better!

To mount it, does it require a PVC 1" threaded female connector..?
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]