Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need advice on recently opened pool

1. Back To Top    #1

South east VA

Need advice on recently opened pool

Hello, I opened my pool yesterday and was green at first, I added a couple gallons of bleach and ran pump all night and now it has cleared up a little, I just added a couple more gallons of bleach this morning to hopefully clear it up more. I have a SWG, I do have it off right now until I get the watered cleared. I am going out of town tomorrow until sunday, so just looking for advice on how I should prepare before I leave to not come home to a green pool again.

My numbers I think look okay, my cya is probably a little low will add some stabilizer today. Should I turn my swg on and leave it on while I'm away or just wait until I get back?

Also any advice on my numbers or what else I should do? These numbers were taking after I added the first 2 gallons of bleach.

FC 7
    PH 7.3
    CYA 20
    TA 72

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Need advice on recently opened pool

You should be following the SLAM Process to clear up the pool and not just add a few gallons here and there.

But, since you are going to be gone for many days, that is not really possible. I think the best you can do is raise the FC to SLAM level, fire up the SWG, cover the pool, and hope for the best when you return. Then follow the SLAM process.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: Need advice on recently opened pool

.................................^^^^^^^good advice^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...............
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!