Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA test - how red is red?

1. Back To Top    #1

TA test - how red is red?

when doing the TA test, (K-2006) when I add the drops it goes from green to almost clear with a very slight red. one more drop and it goes to dark red.

its it the light red or the dark red that I need to base my results off of? been going off the dark red, but been meaning to ask.

thanks!
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA test - how red is red?

Yes.

Check out post #6 in this thread for explicit instructions.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

ok, so the change from green to clear, or green to pink, or green to red - whichever happens first is what to base results off of.

Thanks Richard! that was a great link there!
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gtnos View Post
    ok, so the change from green to clear, or green to pink, or green to red - whichever happens first is what to base results off of.

Thanks Richard! that was a great link there!
    It's when the color stops changing.

Mine usually goes green to grey to faded pink to Barbie pink, and no matter how many more drops I add, it never gets beyond Barbie pink.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Check out this video for an example. Continue the test until you see ŃO color change.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    It's when the color stops changing.

Mine usually goes green to grey to faded pink to Barbie pink, and no matter how many more drops I add, it never gets beyond Barbie pink.
    ahhh... I get it. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    Check out this video for an example. Continue the test until you see ŃO color change.
    awesome! thanks!