Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward vs Doughboy Equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward vs Doughboy Equipment

so I have a coupon from doughboy ($500 off) a complete pool package. Talked to the dealer the other day, they sell the doughboy pools but normally with hayward equipment. For me to use the coupon, they are saying that doughboy requires it to be on the whole package with doughboy pump and filter, not hayward.

Basically, if I want to use the coupon, it is $5599.00 for the pool - $500 coupon + a 270 upcharge to go to hayward equipment.

So if I want hayward, my $500.00 coupon will only net me about $250 savings.

Is it worth $250.00 to upgrade from doughboy to hayward pump and filter? It will be a 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump and 250# sandfilter. From my understanding, the doughboy equipment is of similar size.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward vs Doughboy Equipment

I would highly suggest that you get a 2-speed pump, regardless of which brand.

Is this to replace the pool in your signature? Or is that not your signature?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward vs Doughboy Equipment

replacing pool in sig. We are ready to graduate to the next level...
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!