Winter Cover

shane4

Jul 4, 2013
Ontario Canada
Hello All

I purchased a home January 2013 that had an IG pool. Only had one summer with it so far and about to start another. The cover for the winter is obviously aged as it is faded quite a bit.

We pulled the cover off the other day and it was all in tact, no tears or holes. However, if I grab any part of the cover and lift it above my head to the sky, it's like looking at the universe and all the pretty stars!!!!!

In other words, there are tiny holes everywhere.

I know some pool covers are just mesh, much like my cover is slowly becoming so I assume water getting through is not an issue.

The cover really just stops debris right (leaves, bird droppings, etc.)?

Should I assume my cover is done and time for a new one come the fall?

I am from Ontario as well. I would say its done. Personally, I like to open the season with a crystal clear pool and not fight the algae off to start the year. If you have holes you will have decay of leaves, frogs, droppings ect almost inevitably. Unless you are constantly cleaning it off throughout the winter until the freeze and back out there first thaw.

To each is own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.