Help with Spa Draining into the Pool

May 6, 2014
Humble, Texas
Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for your own questions. Also please do not ask the same thing in multiple places. They have all now been merged. Thanks, jblizzle.

We are having the same problem. We were advised to put our pool in Service Mode and on SPA and there was no leak. We then switch back into auto mode and the spa is draining again. We have changed the Check valve twice and added and eyelet check valve to the spa. This has been going on for about 4 months now and its very frustrating.IMG_0910.jpg

I have copied a picture of our PAD. Any other suggestions would be great.

Re: Spa draining water into pool

Help, we are having the same issue. We have had home warranty pool guys round many times and this issue is still not resolved.

We have changed the Check valve twice. We have added a Eyeball check valve in the spa.

We called a pool company out yesterday and was advised to test the jandy actuators by putting the system into Service and in SPA mode. No water drained from the SPA. When we switched this back to automatic that water starts to drain again. Help we are getting really frustrated. We loose 4-5" every day.

Picture of our pad has been included.

IMG_0910.jpg

Hello,

We have had an issue with our SPA draining into our pool for about 4 months. Every night it drains 5 - 6 inches. We have had warranty guys round several times and nothing has been resolved. They have changed the Check valve and suggested we add a Eyeball check valve in the spa. Still no resolution.

We then called a local company out who suggested we put our system on Service and select SPA to see if the SPA drains to see if there is any leaks with the JANDY actuators. The result was no water was lost.

The Check Valve Flapper has been switched out twice. Do you think next step is to install a complete new check valve assembly?

I have read some of your other threads and we have performed these tests also. That if spa is run for 20 mins no change in the water level.

IMG_0910.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If nothing drains when in spa mode, but it does drain in pool mode, sounds to me like your actuated suction or return valve must not be fully closing off the pipe while in pool mode.

Is there a spill over valve in the plumbing? I do not see one. Does the spa normally spill over some in pool mode? Or does the automation just switch to spa/spillover mode briefly each day?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.