Questions before booster pump install

May 2, 2014
SoCal
Greetings all,

I'm new here and I'm unsure which way the booster pump flows. I'll be installing a booster pump for a vacuum line this weekend. It's a Hayward 3/4 hp 6060. I have existing one inch pvc lines but they were cut and capped before I moved in the house. I've been using the Hayward skimmer vacuum for a couple of years, but now I want to be able to use both.

On the pump... is the side hole... the inlet or is it the top? There's nothing in the specs for me to verify the flow direction. I really don't want to assume anything before I cut and glue the pvc lines to the unions. All to find out that, the water is pushing water instead of suctioning.

Also, do I need to run the filter pump when I running the booster pump?

Thank you,

On almost all booster pumps the inlet is on the "front", directly in-line with the motor. While the outlet is typically on the top, though occasionally on the "side" (outer edge of the disk shaped pump chamber).

Thank you for your response. I was informed by other members that my current setup is not recommended in what I'm trying to do.

suction type vacuum > pool wall inlet Hayward Vac Lock Safety Fitting > 1" inch pipe inlet > 3/4 pump > 1" pipe out.

I'm now looking into robotic cleaners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.