Pics of my backyard/pool area.

May 26, 2007
Just noticed this forum (after 1 year :oops: ) and figured I'd post some pics of my pool. Pool was built about 5 years ago. My wife and I decided that it was about time since our backyard faces south and there is no relief from the heat. I built the deck, the fence and the shed but the pool was left up to the professionals. All the landscaping was done by myself with the help of a few pimped friends but it was a work in progress. It's now starting to fill in. Looked pretty sparse at first. A friend and I also built a retaining wall along the rear of the pool. My back was KILLING me for a few days after that :(

One thing I learned when you buy a pool. You get the pool, equipment and surrounding concrete. They don't make it visually appealing which is where all the work is.

Thanks for looking,
Joe

This is looking back at the entrance to the backyard,

entrance.jpg

Here is the pool taken from the rear of my property line,

pool.jpg

From the front entrance,

yard.jpg

Here is a bubble rock I built since every small shrub I put there eventually died. The sound of the water is very relaxing and the rock won't die :)

fountain.jpg

This is where I hang out most of the time....in the shade :)

deck.jpg

This is taken from the top of my deck,

pool1.jpg

deck2.jpg

deck3.jpg

My favorite tree. It's a juniper I keep trimmed to look like a cactus. It needs a trim but you get the idea...

cactus.jpg

That is really beautiful! Your landscaping is immaculate...I like how you've mixed the fountain grass and lilies, and blue fescue is one of my favorites. The bunnies have taken a liking to the ones I put in :| I'm anxious for ours to start filling in. We did not landscape ourselves this time, but we did at the last house. It is back breaking work, isn't it?

Great job!

love2weed said:
Very nice! I love the color of your concrete decking. What is it?

Thanks for the kind words. The concrete is standard concrete that is colored. Not sure of the color, I think it was called "sierra" For some reason it never gets too hot to walk on comfortably.

Very nice, I especially love the "cactus". I use to live in the desert and actually miss those little buggers. Along with the tumbleweeds now and then :mrgreen:

Anyway, your backyard looks very inviting and worth every bit of the back-straining labor you put into it. Be proud :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have no idea who my neighbors behind me are. They aren't in the backyard much, if ever. Funny thing about my neighborhood, everyone builds their deck on the upper level, why I'll never know. I'm not sure why they would want to be on display when enjoying their backyard. I built a "utility" upper deck for BBQ'ing but I never hang out up there.

If you notice the Linden tree is strategically planted to block their view. If I'm in my pool or hot tub they can't see anything :-D

I wish I didn't have neighbors but thats the drawback of living in a subdivision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.