I have had metal stains for years

cborn

Aug 23, 2007
Manassas, VA
I have had metal stains the last few years. We are on a well. I had to drain and fill the pool 2 years ago. It is a 6500 gallon fiberglass pool with a cartridge filter. Water turns green unless I add Asorbic Acid. So need help on exact steps to either control or get rid of metals. Leslie's pool water tests showed FC 1, TC 1, Hardness 200, CYA 45, TA 80, Ph 7.2, Copper .6 Iron 0 and Phosphates 200. Water is cloudy but starting to clear after one week of running pump. A silt like substance settles on steps and on the bottom. After vacuuming and cleaning the filter, it was filled with same substance. I added 32 oz of Metal Free over 2 days. I added a little Vitamin C and where i dumped it the water cleared immediately. 2014-05-05_Green pool Spring 2014_Born_0005.jpg

Re: AA Treatment questions

I presume you read the Pool School article Metals in the Water and Metal Stains. After the AA treatment, you add an HEDP-based metal sequestrant to keep the metal in solution. Unfortunately, you need to add a maintenance dose of HEDP as it will slowly break down from chlorine over time so would release the metal back into the water if you didn't add more sequestrant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.