Does this bid seem reasonable?

Sep 30, 2012
Houston,Tx
72 perimeter, led,salt, heated 400K, cartridge filter, vs pump, polaris 280, pebble, 400sqft decking (smart), 4inch drains, 12inch flagstone coping, 2tons of weeping rock, 2 skimmers, 5 returns. No lines need to be rerouted. The runs to gas, water, sewer, and drains are very close. Jandy equipment. There is easy access to the yard. No fence removal.

The price just does not sound right. I honestly expected this to be under 40K.

Way too many undisclosed variables to even guess if that is the ballpark.

There are many threads with much more detailed quotes that you can search for and get a feel for what is normal in your area (which you have as yet to add to your profile).

How thick are they going to pour your concrete? How many LED lights? What kind of flagstone? What sort of rebar is he going to use? How much of it? What sort of plaster/coating for pool? What sized plumbing? Will you need booster pumps?

If you removed your spa it would probalby be ~35K.

$40K-50K is about average with a spa in Houston.

I would make sure to negotiate landscapping allowance, grass replacement, pebble finish what color? maybe an upgrade? Also decking umbrella sleeves.

Most certainly get several quotes.

See if you can get a builder to itemize the costs. The builder I ended up using did that for me and I was able to see where I could make tradeoffs (larger/smaller perimeter, standard plaster vs quartz vs pebble, etc). All of the quotes I received were within $3K of each other for like specs, so the itemization is relative. For example, I saw the deck was a large part of the costs. I ended up using a 3rd party deck contractor that I managed to do the deck and saved considerably over the builder doing my deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Seems high to me for 72 per pool. Our pool was 100 perimeter with most everything you have except the heater.

We also had waterfalls and deck jets as well as a gas firpit put in.

We paid 36k for the complete pool build. I am in California so not sure where that variable puts you.

If it helps here are my cost. Keep in mind I built this pool as an owner builder and only paid a consultant to sort of over watch it.

Paid To Amount Paid

Andes Pool 2500
Plans 150
Permit 208
Elec/Plumbing 3700
Excavation 1500
Rebar 1950
Gunite 4900
Tile 2702.9
Concrete 5564
Equipment 6490
Plaster Mini Pebbles 4507
Firepit 1529.46
Dive Rock 368.75
Salt System Included

Totals 36070.11

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.