Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does this bid seem reasonable?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does this bid seem reasonable?

72 perimeter, led,salt, heated 400K, cartridge filter, vs pump, polaris 280, pebble, 400sqft decking (smart), 4inch drains, 12inch flagstone coping, 2tons of weeping rock, 2 skimmers, 5 returns. No lines need to be rerouted. The runs to gas, water, sewer, and drains are very close. Jandy equipment. There is easy access to the yard. No fence removal.

The price just does not sound right. I honestly expected this to be under 40K.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does this bid seem reasonable?

Way too many undisclosed variables to even guess if that is the ballpark.

There are many threads with much more detailed quotes that you can search for and get a feel for what is normal in your area (which you have as yet to add to your profile).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure what more specifics are needed. There is not much more detail in the contract.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

How thick are they going to pour your concrete? How many LED lights? What kind of flagstone? What sort of rebar is he going to use? How much of it? What sort of plaster/coating for pool? What sized plumbing? Will you need booster pumps?
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

5. Back To Top    #5

There was just a thread discussing pool costs in Texas .... seemed that 40-50 was the norm.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Seems pretty low to me for a pool with pebble finish, a waterfall, good equipment and decking.

7. Back To Top    #7

If you removed your spa it would probalby be ~35K.

$40K-50K is about average with a spa in Houston.

I would make sure to negotiate landscapping allowance, grass replacement, pebble finish what color? maybe an upgrade? Also decking umbrella sleeves.

Most certainly get several quotes.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

I don't have a spa, but it is heated. I would sign right now if someone would bid it at 35K. Right now I am just hoping to get down to 40K all in. Who is doing your pool?

9. Back To Top    #9

I just sent you a PM.

Premier pools is doing our build. Been happy with them so far. We checked out several builders and had them design with our budget and wants/needs
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

See if you can get a builder to itemize the costs. The builder I ended up using did that for me and I was able to see where I could make tradeoffs (larger/smaller perimeter, standard plaster vs quartz vs pebble, etc). All of the quotes I received were within $3K of each other for like specs, so the itemization is relative. For example, I saw the deck was a large part of the costs. I ended up using a 3rd party deck contractor that I managed to do the deck and saved considerably over the builder doing my deck.
    33'x21' IG Gunite, 8'x6' Spa, Pentair Pumps/Filter/Heater, Ultrapure Ozone Generator, Travertine Deck and Coping
    My Pool Build: http://www.troublefreepool.com/just-...tx-t67735.html

11. Back To Top    #11

Seems high to me for 72 per pool. Our pool was 100 perimeter with most everything you have except the heater.

We also had waterfalls and deck jets as well as a gas firpit put in.

We paid 36k for the complete pool build. I am in California so not sure where that variable puts you.
    36 x 20, 3-1/2 to 8ft depth, 100 per. 20k gallon IG pool. Jandy Flopro 2hp vsp,
    Jandy 460 sq ft cartridge filter, Jandy Purelink SWC, Jandy Iaqualink control panel, Barracuda MX8
    Irish Mint Pebblesheen, Dive Rock, (2) 24" cascading water falls, LED pool light.
    36" Gas firepit with 1/4" Azuria and Cobalt Blue reflective glass. Our Pool

12. Back To Top    #12

If it helps here are my cost. Keep in mind I built this pool as an owner builder and only paid a consultant to sort of over watch it.

Paid To Amount Paid

Andes Pool 2500
    Plans 150
    Permit 208
    Elec/Plumbing 3700
    Excavation 1500
    Rebar 1950
    Gunite 4900
    Tile 2702.9
    Concrete 5564
    Equipment 6490
    Plaster Mini Pebbles 4507
    Firepit 1529.46
    Dive Rock 368.75
    Salt System Included

Totals 36070.11
    36 x 20, 3-1/2 to 8ft depth, 100 per. 20k gallon IG pool. Jandy Flopro 2hp vsp,
    Jandy 460 sq ft cartridge filter, Jandy Purelink SWC, Jandy Iaqualink control panel, Barracuda MX8
    Irish Mint Pebblesheen, Dive Rock, (2) 24" cascading water falls, LED pool light.
    36" Gas firepit with 1/4" Azuria and Cobalt Blue reflective glass. Our Pool