Just checkin' in

May 5, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
I just wanted to drop a note and say 'ello.
I'm a first time..well, soon to be first time, pool owner. We're having it installed on 5-7-14.

I found this site a few days ago and was impressed with all of the support yall provide. I ordered a TF-100 test kit XL version and the speedstir based on many recommendations I read on here.

I'm going through the Pool School section now to try and learn all I can. I must say, its a bit overwhelming...I hope I can get this down as I'd hate to end up with an algae mess all summer!
Wish me luck!!

Welcome to TFP! You're going to be fine! You will receive excellent advice since purchasing your very own test kit! The speed stir is really nice too! :cool:

Keep reading pool school and take a break every now and then. Once you get your test kit in, you can test your fill water to see what you're working with. :goodjob: Oh and we love pics!!!

Thanks everyone.
I do have a question. Once the pool is installed and the multi day fill process is complete, I assume I then do my first water test to determine how much of what I need to add ? But when using PoolMath, how do I know what my "targets" should be?

Test your fill water before it goes into the pool.

You will know in advance what acceptable ranges (targets) will be by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Yes... you will find everything you need to know in Pool School. Keep asking questions. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.