Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just checkin' in

1. Back To Top    #1

Just checkin' in

I just wanted to drop a note and say 'ello.
    I'm a first time..well, soon to be first time, pool owner. We're having it installed on 5-7-14.

I found this site a few days ago and was impressed with all of the support yall provide. I ordered a TF-100 test kit XL version and the speedstir based on many recommendations I read on here.

I'm going through the Pool School section now to try and learn all I can. I must say, its a bit overwhelming...I hope I can get this down as I'd hate to end up with an algae mess all summer!
    Wish me luck!!
    24' Round Above Ground - 13,500 gal, Cartridge Filter, Installed on 5-7-14, First Time Pool Owner! TFP True Believer!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just checkin' in

Welcome to TFP! You're going to be fine! You will receive excellent advice since purchasing your very own test kit! The speed stir is really nice too!

Keep reading pool school and take a break every now and then. Once you get your test kit in, you can test your fill water to see what you're working with. Oh and we love pics!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP and good luck with your build !!
    Keep studying !! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone.
    I do have a question. Once the pool is installed and the multi day fill process is complete, I assume I then do my first water test to determine how much of what I need to add ? But when using PoolMath, how do I know what my "targets" should be?
    24' Round Above Ground - 13,500 gal, Cartridge Filter, Installed on 5-7-14, First Time Pool Owner! TFP True Believer!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Test your fill water before it goes into the pool.

You will know in advance what acceptable ranges (targets) will be by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes... you will find everything you need to know in Pool School. Keep asking questions.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks again. I'm sure yall get bombarded time and time again by us newbies, but I really do appreciate the advice!