Aquabot Rapids 4wd

Jun 16, 2013
Central Ohio
Just picked up a Rapids 4WD. My first cleaner. What was I doing messing around vacuuming by hand? This thing is nice.

Prior to purchasing I did as much research as I could, and couldn't be happier with my choice. I have a vinyl lined 16'x32' IG. I just opened it last week. I had all the big stuff skimmed out but tons on dirt on the bottom. After a couple of hours with the robot it looks awesome. My sand filter just wasn't cutting it, allowing the fine dirt to return to the pool. The aquabot is doing the job. It only climbs a foot or so vertically but honestly the dirt and debris settle on the bottom so in my opinion it's all I need it to do. A buddy has a pool company and gave me his discount. $560 plus tax. Coincidently, when I picked it up I noticed a $30 mail in rebate for Aquabot on the counter. Time to play the lottery I guess.

I still have no clue which bot to buy. I guess I have about 40 days to decide. Hope to see you two post what you think of them.

For the first night running, I was quite impressed with this little bot. It picked up tons of dirt/sand/dust off the floor of the pool. When I was cleaning out the cartridges literally mud was coming out. My wife was impressed as well as come from the Polaris 380, this thing does a much better job at capturing the dirt. I noticed it doesn't pick up all of the dirt from all of the little creases in the liner. I think this is mainly because the dirt was just caked to the bottom of the pool. Will give a better review once I have a little more time with this in my pool.

I have the Aqua bot Supreme...not found online but is a dealer item. Brand new pool and brand-new pool owner. It was recommended by my pool installer when I inquired about cleaners. All I can say is wow!!! We had a lot of sand in pool after install and it did a awesome job.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

The extreme is not just like the supreme. The supreme Will do more than the extreme and its also recommended for fiberglass where the extreme is not. Go compare them on the aquabot website. They are similar, but not the same thing

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just purchased a 4WD as well, hope to have it in a couple days. I also did tons of research and ended up buying the 4WD because of price and the decent reviews.
I paid a little more, $628, but as you said there is a rebate form I filled out on the Aquabot website. Still price is better than most websites I seen selling the Breeze and Great Escape selling the MRT2 which is the same unit for $799. The Aquabot website says it climbs the walls... I was hoping it would do the waterline, so that's not the case?

I considered the Polaris new 4WD but that is twice the price, same with the Dolphins I almost purchased. Aquabot has a new Icon coming out any day now, but some guy I spoke with at Aquabot said he would not recommend it because it is a brand new product and there may be issues with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.