IC40 Question

Jul 3, 2013
This is the start of my second season with a 30'x54" above ground, 23,800 gallons by the calculator. I am looking at putting in a Pentair IC-40 to make things easier on the wife since I work rotating shifts. Local pool store tells me this system is for IG pools only, and they sell a Hayward Goldline for AGP's. Am I missing something here? Pentair's website doesn't seem to say anything one way or the other.

Also, the local guys want $1585 for the cell and power center, with no installation. I can get the same thing from ebay for $745. Any reason not to buy online? Any difference in the warranty?

Thanks all,

Mike

As long as you have no problem with hard wiring the SWG directly to power, using it with an above ground pool is fine.

You can save a great deal by installing it yourself. Doing that requires some minor electrical work and some PVC plumbing. There are occasionally differences in warranty coverage. They want you to buy from an authorized dealer, and not all Internet dealers are authorized.

The IC40 may not be your best choice, unless you already have a Pentair brand automation system. The IC40 can only be set in steps of 20% and won't read out the numeric salt level without an automation system (or IntelliPH). Other units in the same price range allow setting by 1% steps and show the salt level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.