Why is this in my test kit?

stevenbrla

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
No, it's not a gold coin, or a BCS trophy, or even a trichlor puck.

But... it could be the secret solvent that will help me find the buried treasure in my back yard... couldn't it?

I was testing, using my TF-100 kit a day or so ago... and noticed a nice bottle FULL. Hmm... why is there a FULL bottle of anything in my test kit, after using it for almost a year?

hmm... i scanned my instructions again... have I been doing a certain test WRONG for a year? or did David just include this secret ink revealing sauce for treatment on my recently found treasure map?

I tried it on the map, but to my huge disappointment, it only got it wet. Guess I shoulda tried it BEFORE telling my boss where he could shove my job... oh well, it's just money.

Since I had a whole unemployed day on my hands, I thought I'd try this newly found concoction in my margarita, as I can't seem to get them exactly the way I want them without spending too much money anyway. Honestly, even after using the whole bottle in my drink, I really couldn't tell the difference at all. (then again, that may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't try it on my FIRST or SECOND margarita... not to imply that it was on the third one either, but I don't want any of to think any less of me, so I won't say exactly which one it was... not that I really recall.)

anyway...since I now see the label says something about danger, warnings, hydrochloric acid and ortholidine, I'm thinking this might not be the ideal additive for an evening beverage, which is a good thing cause I used it all anyway. it's also labeled R-0600 for those of you wishing I'd just get to the point.

so again I beg of you... what was this stuff meant to be used for?

oh yea, I could use a job if you have one. I prefer to work half days, half the time, and I'd rather the work be considered "light duty", and don't try to scam me with some lowball offer either... I'm not a slacker.

thanks!

Steve, great post :lol: I honestly don't know what the R-0600 is, but it's gotta be for one of the tests that use more reagent if Dave sent you a back-up bottle (is it a duplicate bottle or just 1 you never used?)

As for the job thing, I hear Saturday Night Live needs some new writers, from this post I think you would do well at that job :goodjob:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that stuff.

i actually use that lil blue kit a lot. so much that I've bought replacement agents and maybe even a whole new kit (not really sure as my wife has actually purchased it/them)... just didn't realize that this bottle of stuff was for that (the kit/reagents by itself purchased at wally world doesnt have its reagent so scientifically labeled).

I just looked at the Taylor instructions and it does refer to R-0600, but the instructions inside my TF-100 kit refer to R-0300 for the chlorine test with the OTO. (circa summer 2007)

Secret treasure ink would probably be a lot more valuable, but at least I know what this lil bottle was supposed to be used for now. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.