I live in the Scottsdale, AZ area and am wanting to get the forum's feedback on a bid for a new pool.
The spec's are:
- Perimeter 94'
- Surface area 435 sq ft
- Depth 3'6"-5'0"
- Gallons 13866
- Step footage 39'
- Bench footage 16'
- Max. dimensions 33' x 14
The backyard has a stuccoed wall which is 7' tall. The geometry of the lot can be seen from the bird's eye photo. We are planning on having travertine (16"x24") pavers in Crema. 12"x12" bullnose travertine coping with a tiled knife edge end. Three sheet flow water features coming off of the second, taller wall. Baja entry with a 6' sun shelf, followed by a couple of final entry steps.
The pool will use:
Paramount PV3 In Floor Cleaning and MDX3 Drain system
* lifetime warranty on nozzles, 99% cleaning guarantee, infinite position nozzle with no moving parts
Pentair IntelliFlo VS PLUS Variable Speed
Pentair Clean & Clear 520 Cartridge filter
Pentair IntelliBrite White LED (2 white lights facing away from the house)
Pentair EasyTouch 4P Automation System w/Wireless Remote pool control (iPhone/iPad maybe later)
Plumbing options for future: solar, salt and heater
Lifetime structural warranty on pool shell, 2 year on all workmanship and material
The PB uses Pentair equipment. Does anyone recommend something else?
Here are some construction details for the pool from the vendor's bid:
- Filter run: Pool-16'
- (1) Auto water leveler with vacuum breaker to meet codes
- (1) Pool skimmer
- ** *Paramount PV3 In Floor Cleaning and circulation system
- Paramount MDX3 Drain in pool with SDX side wall safety relief suction
- Schedule 40 plumbing throughout pool
- (3) Filtration returns to bypass in floor cleaning system
- #3-12" o.c., 6" o.c. at coves and radii and stress points
- 4 bars, 3# continuous in bond beam around perimeter of pool
- Approx (31) feet rigid conduit from panel to equipment to lite switch
- (2) Pentair IntelliBrite White LED Lights In Pool
- Pentair EasyTouch 4P Automation System w/Wireless Remote
- Halo Bonding Around Perimeter Of Pool Per City Code
- Pneumatically applied
- Steps and benches to be installed per plan
- Minimum 6" thickness in walls and floors, 8" in coves and stress areas
- 3000 PSI Concrete curing to 3200 PSI in 7 days and 3500-3700 psi
- ** *WIRESto be run prior to shotcrete application to ensure all corners are s
- Fibermesh to be used in shotcrete mix to help prevent shrinkage cracks