TFP Newb - First shopping trip.

Styxbb

May 5, 2014
Ohio
Question 1.

I am getting ready to open up and have decided to give this a go. Need to make a shopping list. How much of the supplies do you keep on hand. Bleach, Borax, Baking Soda etc.

FYI - I have had a history of "pink slime." Kept it in check last year, but it does show up.

Question 2

What to do if planning a vacation?

I usually have up to 7 gallons on hand at all times being stored in cold dark basement. Baking soda and borax are seldom used. It's all dependent upon your pool. If you provide test results we could possibly help you devise a plan to get things together but until then, I'll just say, some bleach.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

As Casey said, you need to have a good set to test results to know what your pool needs. Most pool owners never need baking soda or borax.

The TFPC method is really just about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS and not what someone wants to sell you or not some product just because it starts with the letter B.

So, step one is likely ordering one of the Recommended Test Kits.

- - - Updated - - -

Question 2: Depends on how long. Usually raise the FC level up to SLAM level and cover the pool. Maybe float some tablets if you have them and your CYA is not already too high.

+1 on bleach being the primary. All I have on my shelf is a couple of gallons of bleach (which likely won't be needed that SWG is operating with more normal water temps), and some muriatic acid...I had stabilizer till I got that right. It really is easy! Much easier than I thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.