Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Pool Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic Pool Cover

I am having a problem with my automatic pool cover; looking for some help before I have to call in the expensive pool man. I opened the pool two wks ago and the cover worked just fine. However, when I came home from a 4 day trip this past Sunday, the cover wouldn't open. The light on the open/close switch was green and the GFI to the cover motor is working, so electric is getting to the cover motor. I tried unplugging the motor and resetting the GFI numerous times, getting no results. I even checked the breakers and they weren't tripped. My son stopped by and after several attempts to get the cover to work, it finally opened for me. All he did was reset the GFI and the cover decided to take off again. Assuming it was working ok, I shut the cover last night to hold the heat in the water. Now, it won't open again today. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).

2. Back To Top    #2

Southern California

Re: Automatic Pool Cover

Gfi probably gone bad. Easy troubleshoot , cheap fix hope that's the problem.
    ~22,000 gallon inground plaster pool, 1 skimmer, 3 return jets
    Irregular pool sized approximately 19' x 40' 9' deep, Color Splash 3G pool light
    Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter (part# 160301)
    1 HP Pentair Pump Model WFE-24 single speed
    Light Blue Pool Cover BBB Method